Just like the title implies I believe that selling your home is a process that if followed will result in the maximum price received for your home in the minimum amount of time. As always these are merely suggestions that I as your Realtor recommend. The final decision as to what you do when Buying or Selling is totally up to you.
- Design Walkthrough - At the start of the process I have a member of my Design Team walkthrough your home and give recommendations on cost effective ways to prepare your home for sale (no obligation whatsoever). Should it be required, a professional trade recommended by me can be brought in (see Essential Services section) for a free estimate to complete any work that is recommended.
- Pre-Inspection - To some clients, particularly in older houses, I recommend doing a pre-inspection prior to listing. This is done to ensure that there is nothing major that needs immediate repair. You can be assured that almost every offer will have an Inspection Clause that gives the Buyer the right to void the deal should something show up during the inspection. More often when something does come up, the Buyers Agent will attempt to re-negotiate the agreed upon price. This is not a position that you ever want to be in. By having the pre-inspection performed you avoid this issue coming up after you and the Buyers have come to an Agreement.
- Certified Market Analysis (CMA) - I perform a CMA on your property which is a detailed report outlining the recommended listing price. The report will compare your property in detail to similar properties that are presently on the market, have recently sold, or have failed to sell. In addition I always take my clients to see comparable properties on the market to help them with the price we plan to list at.
- Staging - During the Design Walkthrough my Design Team will take notes and produce a Staging Quote which are recommendations on how your home should be staged. To learn more about Staging and view actual results please click on the StageShowAndSell icon to the right of the page.
- Marketing - A detailed Marketing Plan is shown to you to let you know how I intend to attract the most potential buyers to your home. Marketing of a home generally includes but is not limited to: Listing on MLS with 9 pictures attached, Internet Advertising, Print Advertising, Virtual Tour, Just Listed Post Cards, Feature Sheets and Email Marketing.
- Offer and Acceptance - Once a buyer(s) is ready to make an offer(s) on your home I am with you every step of the way to explain in detail all of the terms and conditions in the offer and guide you through the process. As mentioned in my Profile, my years of experience in negotiating will help you get the best terms and conditions possible. Prior to receiving the offer (and prior to signing any document) I always show you the document in what is referred to as "Plain English". Real Estate and Legal terms can sometimes be confusing, so these documents help to explain what each means in layman's terms.
- Closing - Once a deal is accepted and goes "firm" I am always in touch to answer any questions that you may have. Should you wish, I provide my clients with a simple to understand Excel Spreadsheet to help them determine exactly how much they will receive on Closing.
After your house closes I am still there should you have questions for me. I like to stay in touch with my clients and invariably they all choose to continue to be active in my Client Appreciation Program (see the link to your right for more details).
To get the Sales Process started please click here to send me your contact information and I will contact you shortly thereafter.