Just like with the Selling Process, buying the right home at the right price involves a series of steps. As always these are merely suggestions that I as your Realtor recommend. The final decision as to what you do when Buying or Selling is totally up to you.
- Initial Meeting - I meet with my clients to get a feel for what's important to them in a home. These include location, size, price and anything specific pertaining to the home.
- Mortgage Needs - For most, what you can afford is dependant on what you can borrow in the form of a mortgage. Should you have someone you like and trust then I advise that you get pre-approved so you'll know exactly what you can afford (please see Essential Services page for my Recommendations). I provide clients with an easy to understand Excel spreadsheet which helps them to gauge all of the costs involved in their home purchase.
- Viewing Properties - This next step varies from client to client. Some clients want to be setup on an auto-email list that sends them properties that fit the criteria they are seeking. Others want me to search properties in areas and send it to them for viewing. Regardless of the method chosen, I always make time in my schedule to personally take you out to view properties. This allows me to continue to get to know what you want in a home which in turns helps me to find you the home that most meets the criteria that we are seeking.
- Offer and Acceptance - Prior to making any offer I go over recent comparable sales in the area to determine what the fair market value of the home should be. I discuss terms and clauses that I recommend be put into the offer prior to it being written up and subsequently review everything with my clients prior to having them sign. As mentioned in the Selling section my vast experience with negotiating comes in handy when determining the final price and terms that are accepted by both sides. Just like the Sales Process, I show you documents in Plain English to help you understand them.
- Finance/Inspection/Other Clauses - Prior to a firm deal I help my clients by guiding through any clauses that need to be fulfilled. For example, if purchasing a house it's likely that an Inspection needs to be done. When purchasing a condo the Status Certificate will have to be reviewed by your lawyer. It's my job to ensure that you understand every step in the process that leads you to a firm deal.
- Closing - As with the sale of a property, I am there up until the closing date should you have any questions for me. Like with a sale I am also there after closing and always look to continue to keep in touch with my clients and be there for them should they have any questions for me.
To get the Buying Process started please click here to send me your contact information and I will contact you shortly thereafter.